At Center for Physical Rehabilitation we provide personalized therapy for effective results. Our women's health program provides highly-effective, individualized treatment for physical dysfunction in the pelvice, abdominal, hip and low back regions. We work to correct activity dysfunction and pain that can occur as a results of life changes, such as having a baby.
Treatment May Consist of:
- Education & preventative measures before childbirth to help ease pain associated with pregnancy and strengthening to account for body changes.
- Education of pelvic floor anatomy & function.
- Exercises or relaxation of pelvic floor and associated muscles using biofeedback.
- Instruction in bladder/bowel optimization.
- Bladder re-training exercises and helpful lifestyle modifications for urinary leakage.
- Gentle internal/external hands-on techniques, as indicated, including stretching, soft tissue massage & joint mobilization.
What to Expect:
- An extensive review of your condition, including a client-centered comprehensive internal and external assessment as indicated.
- Evaluation of how the body, brain, environment and activity demands which cause over or under utilizing the pelvic floor and related muscle groups.
Conditions We Treat:
If you or your patient suffers from pain located in the groin, pelvis, low back or hips; has difficulty controlling uriniation or bowel movements; or has vaginal pressure due to prolapse, send them or come see us at CPR! We provide assistance to help our patients move towards a more active lifestyle and improve their quality of life!
If you have any questions about treatment offered, please contact Sami Ashenbrener, DPT at CPR.